All good teachers and advisors have a solid educational background supported by experience, humility and a love of their area of expertise. NOAH has a Bachelors degree in Human biodynamics and a Masters in Exercise Physiology, where he studied Masters aged Rowers. The scientific study of the human body has provided a solid foundation to understand systems and how they react to various stimulus, including exercise, nutrition and psychology. Knowing the psychology of an individual or group is crucial to behavior change and improved performance.
Over the years Noah has created innovative ways to reach individuals and groups adapting programs and interventions to meet needs as they arise.Thirty years of education and practice has brought Noah to the conclusion that there are no “secrets”, “quick fixes”, or hidden “miracle cures”. There are plenty of practical solutions and it’s been there all along.
1. Technology should simplify life and extend human interaction.
2. The best exercise routine is one that you can do over time.
3. There are no quick fixes or solutions.
4. Human interaction is often the Best Medicine.
5. A little exercise consistently over time is far better than a lot over short periods.
6. When considering an exercise or diet routine ask yourself if it is something you can integrate into your life Over the long term.
7. Whatever health and exercise routine you choose make sure it’s something you can implement over the long run. Most importantly make it enjoyable and create a support system.
8. Don’t take it too seriously, we win and lose along the way and if we are lucky get old and Wise.
9. Be kind and mostly to yourself.
10. Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
No matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.” Buddha
The seeds for Myolife were planted over 20years ago with a 60 year old grandma who had never exercised and didn’t sweat. She still doesn’t sweat.
Years ago when I was fresh out of graduate school and starting out as an independent trainer I took on a new client. She was 60, had 3 kids 4 grandchildren and never really exercised.
Her health was over all good with the exception of arthritis in her knees and slightly overweight.Finances were such that she could only come once a week, so we developed a relationship and created a model that worked for her. She would see me once a week and I would write down the 5 or 6 exercises we did during our session. She would come in on her own and dutifully do her ” homework” which always included 10 minutes on the treadmill or other piece of exercise equipment.
23 years later she’s still coming 3x a week. We have been through a hysterectomy , broken hips, a stroke and at times debilitating arthritis. I am happy to reports that she’s still working, by choice, and her functional fitness is nearly as good as it was 16 years ago.
The magic to our model was accountability, Consistency and Adapting our routine to account for life and health circumstances. Myolife was created to give greater access to A successful and sustainable model for health.